Last Updated on November 27, 2023 by Rose Morah
After using both the Roadtrippers and Wanderlog travel apps to plan different trips, I can say that the choice between the two will mainly depend on your expectations.
In this article, we are going to compare the two travel apps in terms of:
Roadtrippers vs Wanderlog: which is better?
From experience, Roadtrippers is the best app if you are planning a road trip adventure. On the other hand, Wanderlog is the best travel app for planning international travel.
Price comparison between Roadtrippers and Wanderlog
Both Roadtrippers and Wanderlog are free but they also have a paid version.
Here is the price and benefits comparison of their paid versions:
|Roadtrippers Plus is $29.99/year
|Pro Annual is $49.99/year with 1-week free trial.
|– You can add up to 150 stops on your road trip
– Collaborations with friends.
– Live traffic.
– Offline maps.
– You get special discounts from their travel partners.
– You can make a route that is customized for RV.
|– You get offline access.
– You get flight deals.
– Optimized routes.
– Export to Google Maps.
– Auto Gmail scanning.
– Unlimited attachments.
Main benefits of the two travel apps (free version)
Benefits of the Roadtrippers app
The following are the main benefits of using the Roadtrippers free version;
- It is great for discovering the best stops and “off-beaten paths” along your route.
- It is great for navigation .“Turn by turn navigation”.
- You can share and save your planned trips for future reference.
- It tells you how much gas you will spend as it allows you to set mpg on the settings after you have planned your trip.
- It also allows you to find places to camp, hotels bars and restaurants, entertainment and nightlife, attractions, shopping, and auto RV services along your route.
- When planning your trip, you can sort the search results by ratings, distance, and popularity.
Benefits of the Wanderlog app
The following are the main benefits of using the Wanderlog free version;
- Wanderlog is a great vacation planner. It gives you the option to figure out the best route for your trip and is good for planning itineraries.
- Wanderlog is different from Roadtrippers because it allows you to keep track of your flight and hotel bookings and reservations. You can also import hotel and flight reservations.
- When going on a road trip, you can use it to check directions and the driving times between different attractions on your planned route.
- You can share your itinerary with friends, tripmates, and families in real-time.
- It can also help you find Airbnbs and hotels.
- You also get to add your budget (your spending breakdown).